Available Livestock Terms
- Any livestock available at this time will be listed on this page. We do have a ‘ call list ‘ of interested parties who wish to be notified in advance of advertising for any future offerings. Please notify us if you wish to be placed on the list of people to be notified for first option of purchase prior to advertising for a specific animal type.
- When you are notified that a bovine you expressed interest in is available, you will have 24 hours from notification to give us a ‘ yes ‘ and mail a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit.
- We are located in the town of Dorchester, SC 29437. Please do not message me asking how far we are from your town/state. I’m sure I wouldn’t know. Use Mapquest and the above address info to determine distance.
- Please note that the livestock are pictured with their Dam & Sire when possible and that any registrations or additional information pertinent to any cow/calf offered is noted in their description information.
- We do not do our own vetting. All of our vaccines and vetting are done by a licensed farm vet and those records are available to our purchasing clients. Our vet is also happy to speak with you regarding any of our animals you have medical questions about in a potential sale.
- There is a deposit required to hold any livestock for any interested parties. That deposit is non-refundable as once you send us a deposit, we no longer consider sale to any other interested party. deposits vary from 1/3 to 1/2 the total price of the animal depending on the type of animal being purchased . You may pay your non-refundable deposit via mailed check . Please be aware that until deposits are received, the animal in question remains available.
- The stated price does include a health certificate for interstate travel. *Charges for any requested or required vetting for travel or purchase must be paid PRIOR to services being performed.
- We maintain intense biosecurity . For that reason, we do not invite anyone out to view available livestock that we do not believe to be seriously interested and appropriate buyers.
- We NO LONGER DO SPECIALTY TESTING FOR POTENTIAL BUYERS, ( ie..A1/A2)
- we live in a TB and Brucellosis free state.
- Our contact information is available on the site.
- We DO NOT buy livestock from auctions or sales barns ! EVER ! We maintain a select , closed herd and only purchase additions from licensed and tightly run and tested , reputable farms.
- Once a deal is set and a deposit has been made,we will allow for a reasonable amount of time to pick up your animal. Generally, I will give you up to two weeks if you are out of state, longer if certain circumstances dictate. If you do not have the means to accept delivery within two weeks time of deposit or within the stated weaning date set, please notify me PRIOR to making a deposit so that I can try to work with you.
- Once you accept delivery of your animal I cannot be responsible for illnesses or injury occurring as a result of travel.
- TRAVEL OUT OF STATE:Your animal will be examined by our vet prior to leaving and you will be provided with a certificate of health when required for travel, so please understand that because of incidences that are out of our control such as ‘ shipping fever’ and/or exposure to other animals, we cannot be held responsible for incidence that occur once they leave us.
SOLD ! SOLD ! SOLD ! Thank you, Grace S. of SC.
SGF Here Comes Trouble / Call name : Trouble
FP Miniature Sire: Ace / 75% Miniature Dam : Autumn
Report of birth submitted to AMJAR for registration
* Trouble is a small miniature bull calf. I expect him to finish out at lower mid mini status. He is available at weaning in May. Dam raised. Completely hands off !
His temperament thus far has been respectful of humans and with a respectable flight zone.
$750 at weaning for local sales
$ 900 requiring vet testing and health certificate for interstate travel
We maintain a closed herd and live in a TB and Brucellosis free state.
First photo taken 1/27/19
Sire and Dam in last two photos.
MeatBall: 100% Miniature Hereford Bull Calf For Sale
SOLD ! SOLD ! SOLD !
Thank you, Michelle.
75% Mini / 25% standard Hybrid for sale
$950 local sales
$ 1100( requiring travel cert.)
She is primarily beef and will not likely be super tiny, but what I call ‘ squatty short ‘ like her dam, Freyja. Ruby Sue is fuzzy, golden red Hereford coloration.
Her dam, Frey, is 50% Highland 50 % Dexter and her sire, Pistol, is full out small mini Hereford. That makes Ruby Sue about 75 % beef, 25% dual purpose. Only truly about 15% stout dairy. She could be used as a milk cow at maturity. I milk Frey a lot. The cream quality is pretty impressive on Frey but would be less on Ruby Sue due to her high beef influence. She would make a fine addition to a mini beef herd.
Be aware that she has her mama’s attitude. Very stubborn and flighty, but Frey has become, with attention and time, a pet with a strong will.
Ruby sue will not likely have a suitable temperament or demeanor for a novice bovine keeper.
Born 2/17/18. She is fully weaned.
* FULL DISCLOSURE: both Her Dam, Freyja and her sister, Izzy’s , first calves had to be pulled. Neither was an easy assist. Frey delivered her second and third calves with no issues or assistance.
Anyone interested in Ruby sue should message , call or text me for more details.
843 814 1101
$1050 local sales
$ 1155 ( requiring travel cert.)
Black Baldie Standard ( Hereford X Angus ) X FP Miniature Jersey
Little Toni is a beautiful dual-purpose hybrid. Her well muscled form is full of hybrid vigor and excellent genetics. She carries the heavy production genes of her superior miniature Jersey sire and the divine beef genetics of her Angus/Hereford dam.
I expect Little Toni to be upper mid mini at maturity.
Dam raised for 6 months.
50% miniature dual purpose hybrid calf
Scrappy: 50% mini Hereford / 50% Miniature Jersey heifer calf
Available at weaning in February. Deposit required to reserve.
Scrappy is not as large she seems to appear in photos. She is very well muscled and that lends to an appearance of considerable size, but at 8 days old she was only 23″ tall and 34 lbs.
Ace: small, proven, registered mini Jersey Bull
SOLD ! SOLD ! SOLD ! Thank you Katherine in Vidalia, Ga.
$900 Final reduction of price
Registered with AMJAR
Ace is a very sedate and respectful bull of nearly 3 years. Proven.
Small mini Jersey bull of 36.5 inches at hip at last measure a few months back.
Ace is gentle with his girls and young steers running with him.
Ace cannot breed large standards, but has successfully serviced small stature standards of up to 46 inches.
Ace is appropriate in temperament for a small farm / homestead with adequate space for a bull.
Photos are current.