Available Livestock Terms
- Any livestock available at this time will be listed on this page. We do have a ‘ call list ‘ of interested parties who wish to be notified in advance of advertising for any future offerings. Please notify us if you wish to be placed on the list of people to be notified for first option of purchase prior to advertising for a specific animal type.
- We are located in the town of Dorchester, SC 29437. Please do not message me asking how far we are from your town/state. I’m sure I wouldn’t know. Use Mapquest and the above address info to determine distance.
- There is a deposit required to hold any livestock for any interested parties. That deposit is non-refundable as once you send us a deposit, we no longer consider sale to any other interested party. deposits vary from 1/3 to 1/2 the total price of the animal depending on the type of animal being purchased . You may pay your non-refundable deposit via mailed check . Please be aware that until deposits are received, the animal in question remains available.
- We maintain intense biosecurity . For that reason, we do not invite anyone out to view available livestock that we do not believe to be seriously interested and appropriate buyers.
- We NO LONGER DO SPECIALTY TESTING FOR POTENTIAL BUYERS ( A1/A2, disease or pathogen testing above what is required for travel to a buyer’s state, etc..) without payment in advance . These funds are non-refundable regardless of results or conclusion of sale
- we live in a TB and Brucellosis free state.
- Our contact information is available on the site.
- We DO NOT buy livestock from auctions or sales barns ! EVER ! We maintain a select , closed herd and only purchase additions from licensed and tightly run and tested , reputable farms.
- Once you accept delivery of your animal I cannot be responsible for illnesses or injury occurring as a result of travel.
- TRAVEL OUT OF STATE:Your animal will be examined by our vet prior to leaving and you will be provided with a certificate of health when required for travel, so please understand that because of incidences that are out of our control such as ‘ shipping fever’ and/or exposure to other animals, we cannot be held responsible for incidence that occur once they leave us.
SOLD ! Thank you T in Virginia
Mrs. Potts is available.
Registered with AMJAR.
She has a classic jersey frame in smaller stature.
50% mini / 50% Standard Jersey.
Dam is out of standard lines but is registered as mid mini due to permanent measurements.
NOT exposed to a bull.
Mrs Potts has a friendly and easy going disposition. She is NOT a pet, but would easily become one in the right setting.
$ 950 local sales
$1075 with travel certificates and common testing
SOLD ! SOLD ! SOLD ! Thank you, Grace S. of SC.
SGF Here Comes Trouble / Call name : Trouble
FP Miniature Sire: Ace / 75% Miniature Dam : Autumn
Report of birth submitted to AMJAR for registration
* Trouble is a small miniature bull calf. I expect him to finish out at lower mid mini status. He is available at weaning in May. Dam raised. Completely hands off !
His temperament thus far has been respectful of humans and with a respectable flight zone.
$750 at weaning for local sales
$ 900 requiring vet testing and health certificate for interstate travel
We maintain a closed herd and live in a TB and Brucellosis free state.
First photo taken 1/27/19
Sire and Dam in last two photos.
75% Mini / 25% standard Hybrid for sale
$650 local sales
$ 750 ( requiring travel cert.)
Ruby Sue is fuzzy, golden red Hereford coloration.
She has remained quite small and fuzzy.
She is primarily a beef hybrid.
Ruby Sue started out flighty and nervous, but has calmed to a fine and self assured heifer. She is not a pet, but could be one in the right hands.
Her dam, Frey, is 50% Highland 50 % Dexter and her sire, Pistol, is full out small mini Hereford. That makes Ruby Sue about 75 % beef, 25% dual purpose. Only truly about 15% stout dairy. She could be used as a milk cow at maturity. I milk Frey a lot. The cream quality is pretty impressive on Frey but would be less on Ruby Sue due to her high beef influence. She would make a fine addition to a mini beef herd.
FULL DISCLOSURE: BOTH HER DAM AND HER SISTER HAD TO HAVE THEIR FIRST CALVES PULLED. NEITHER WAS AN EASY ASSIST. THEIR SUBSEQUENT CALVINGS WERE EASY AND UNEVENTFUl
Anyone interested in Ruby sue should message , call or text me for more details.
843 814 1101
$750 local sales
$ 850 ( requiring travel cert.)
Black Baldie Standard ( Hereford X Angus ) X FP Miniature Jersey
Little Toni is a beautiful dual-purpose hybrid. Her well muscled form is full of hybrid vigor and excellent genetics. She carries the heavy production genes of her superior miniature Jersey sire and the divine beef genetics of her Angus/Hereford dam.
I expect Little Toni to be upper mid mini at maturity.
Dam raised for 6 months
50% miniature dual purpose hybrid calf
Scrappy: 50% standard Hereford / 50% Miniature Jersey heifer calf
$650 local sales
$750 for interstate travel
Scrappy is not as large she seems to appear in photos. She is very well muscled and that lends to an appearance of considerable size, but at 8 days old she was only 23″ tall and 34 lbs. Due to the influence of heavy production miniature Jersey genes, she will likely be a moderate producer of rich milk perfectly suited as a small family cow.
Ace: small, proven, registered mini Jersey Bull
SOLD ! SOLD ! SOLD ! Thank you Katherine in Vidalia, Ga.
$900 Final reduction of price
Registered with AMJAR
Ace is a very sedate and respectful bull of nearly 3 years. Proven.
Small mini Jersey bull of 36.5 inches at hip at last measure a few months back.
Ace is gentle with his girls and young steers running with him.
Ace cannot breed large standards, but has successfully serviced small stature standards of up to 46 inches.
Ace is appropriate in temperament for a small farm / homestead with adequate space for a bull.
Photos are current.