WE DO NOT TEST FOR A2
Announcement for clarity of our mission: PLEASE READ BEFORE MESSAGING
I have received multiple messages lately from folks seeking a ‘ small mini bovine ‘ and those seeking an ‘ A2’ cow or heifer.
For the record, although we do own several small miniatures, we do not generally offer them to the public; the majority of the smaller minis are retained by us for building our herd or are sold to well known associates who speak for them in advance of their birth.
Our primary focus is to offer a small family cow as indicated by our name of page. We do not seek to offer straight miniatures and are very clear in that most of our registered minis of any kind, Jersey, beef or dual purpose, will likely fall into the mid- to upper mid mini category because most of the herd do have some standard influence.
An example of typical occurrence is Blossom, a miniature Jersey who recently sold. Blossom has an influence of standard in her lines and I made it clear to her buyer that although she remained small all the way to breeding age of 16 months, I could not promise that she would not have a growth spurt between 2 and 3 years of age wherein she reaches small stature standard height. Some do. Some don’t and remain small. There is no way to predict genetic behavior in a mixed herd like mine unless you are breeding a foundation pure miniature to a foundation pure miniature and we just simply don’t generally part with those calves.
This is why registries wait to impart permanent registrations until a ‘ miniature’ cow is 3 years old. They can be small from birth and surge in growth that last year of maturing.
We do offer small cows in superior health and condition at a reasonable price for the family, but if it is a miniature under 40 inches you seek, you will likely not find it here. When we have those, outside of bulls, we keep or offer them to well known farms.
As to A2, I have no collaborative evidence or study by an acknowledged or accredited entity to lend any support for the A2 theory, in fact I have seen only the opposite; the A2 theories have been debunked by 3 countries in independent studies. Until there is scientific evidence of the benefit of an A2 cow, I will not even humor the fad by testing–even at request. If people come around to the current knowledge that it was started by a random notion and is neither proven nor replicated in studies, my name and conscience will therefore be clear. If it is found to be legitimate, there is still no mud on my face and the only thing I have to regret is that I didn’t charge my buyer 5k for an A2 cow which I likely would refrain from anyhow .
Delivery within reasonable distances possible for a fee to cover time and expenses.
Please feel free to call or text for further info or to discuss terms. 843 814 1101
Available Livestock Terms
- We are located in the town of Dorchester, SC 29437. Please do not message me asking how far we are from your town/state. I’m sure I wouldn’t know. Use Mapquest or similar app and the above address info to determine distance.
- There is a deposit required to hold any livestock for any interested parties. That deposit is non-refundable as once you send us a deposit, we no longer consider sale to any other interested party. deposits vary from 1/3 to 1/2 the total price of the animal depending on the type of animal being purchased . You may pay your non-refundable deposit via mailed check . Please be aware that until deposits are received, the animal in question remains available.
- Buyer is responsible for vet costs for any requested or necessary examinations. Testing must be requested at time of purchase / deposit and must be paid in full prior to services being scheduled.
- We maintain intense biosecurity . For that reason, we do not invite anyone out to view available livestock that we do not believe to be seriously interested and appropriate buyers.
- We NO LONGER DO SPECIALTY TESTING FOR POTENTIAL BUYERS ( A1/A2, disease or pathogen testing above what is required for travel to a buyer’s state, etc..)
- we live in a TB and Brucellosis free state.
- Our contact information is available on the site.
- We DO NOT buy livestock from auctions or sales barns ! EVER ! We maintain a select , closed herd and only purchase additions from licensed and tightly run and tested , reputable farms.
- You will view your animal of purchase prior to accepting delivery. Due to numerous circumstances which may occur during transport or after delivery with exposure to other environments and/or persons and animals,, Once you accept delivery of your animal I will not be responsible for illnesses or injury occurring as a result of travel or post loading incidences , exposures or infections.
Persons interested in any of our available bovines should call the number provided below. I do not have in depth discussion through email and I do not agree to a sale without a conversation.
Tammy Marr 843 814 1101
Also find us on FB to keep up with our farm and potential future offerings at :
Small Family Cow at Spiritgrove Farm
There is also FB link on our landing page.
Dairy : 75% mini Jersey/25% standard Jersey
WE DO NOT TEST FOR A2
Dairy : Unregistered Jersey heifer out of registered miniature Jersey bull and percentage miniature Jersey dam.
$1150 (Local Sales)
*PHOTOS TAKEN 11/15/2020
Price to buyers outside the state of SC will also include required fees for interstate travel vet testing/ certificate costs. ( average $225)
Dairy is a calm and lovely little girl. Her sire is a registered miniature Jersey and her dam is a small stature standard painted Jersey who is 50% miniature.
Dam raised for 6 months.
Despite her strong miniature genetics, I expect that Dairy will finish out small stature standard like her dam based on how she is developing. I always liken her dam to a ” 1/3 scale model of a standard Jersey; she is very short compared to most of my standards at 47″ and is delicate of build.
Many registries would consider her dam to be upper mid mini at 47″ but I consider anything at 47″ or above to be standard height. Dairy may surprise me and finish at mid-mini height, but I would not expect it.
Both her sire and dam hail from heavy production lines.
Sneak : I/4 standard Jersey , 1/4 lowline red angus , 50% Mini Jersey.
WE DO NOT TEST FOR A2
$950 ( Local Sales only)
*Out of state sales must pay for veterinarian fees health certificate for travel in addition to asking price ( generally $225 )
Sneak is the perfect DP family heifer. Her dam, Valentine has become one of my favorite diary girls and is a fabulous tempered heavy producer, giving as much milk on calf as any Jersey I own.
Her cream line is 7/8 that of my richest Jersey milk. Dam is 1/2 lowline angus and 1/2 standard Jersey. With the addition of my heavy production dairy genetics in her sire, a registered FP mini Jersey bull, I expect that Sneak will be a slighter smaller version of her dam but with equal production potential.
DOB : 05/12/2020
*PHOTOS TAKEN 11/15/2020