WE DO NOT TEST FOR A2
Announcement for clarity of our mission: PLEASE READ in FULL BEFORE MESSAGING
The top 5:
We DO NOT test for A2 it is not our focus, nor do we believe in it’s theory.
We DO NOT place bovines in a situation we feel is not right for their needs and/or personalities. We employ the right to refuse any sale without explanation.
If you are unwilling to answer questions about your situation , set up, lifestyle and purposes with relation to the animal you are interested in, don’t bother inquiring. I actually care about my cows and my buyer being right for each other and happy with the arrangement. Offending you by asking pertinent questions is not something I worry about.
We DO NOT sell cows as singular bovines : prospective homes must have or acquire a bovine herd mate; Bovines do better and are happier among their own kind.
We Do Not sell bottle babies. All calves born here are dam raised.
Note for clarity:
I have received multiple messages lately from folks seeking a ‘ small mini bovine ‘ and those seeking an ‘ A2’ cow or heifer.
For the record, although we do own several small miniatures, we do not generally offer them to the public; the majority of the smaller minis are retained by us for building our herd or are sold to well known associates who speak for them in advance of their birth.
Our primary focus is to offer a small family cow as indicated by our name of page. We do not seek to offer small miniatures and are very clear in that most of our registered minis of any kind, Jersey, beef or dual purpose, will likely fall into the mid- to upper mid mini category because most of the herd do have some standard influence.
An example of typical occurrence is Blossom, a miniature Jersey who recently sold. Blossom has an influence of standard in her lines and I made it clear to her buyer that although she remained small all the way to breeding age of 16 months, I could not promise that she would not have a growth spurt between 2 and 3 years of age wherein she reaches small stature standard height. Some do. Some don’t and remain small. There is no way to predict genetic behavior in a mixed herd like mine unless you are breeding a foundation pure miniature to a foundation pure miniature and we just simply don’t generally part with those calves.
This is why registries wait to impart permanent registrations until a ‘ miniature’ cow is 3 years old. They can be small from birth and surge in growth that last year of maturing.
We do offer small cows in superior health and condition at a reasonable price for the family, but if it is a miniature under 40 inches you seek, you will likely not find it here. When we have those, outside of bulls, we keep or offer them to well known farms.
As to A2, I have no collaborative evidence or study by an acknowledged or accredited entity to lend any support for the A2 theory, in fact I have seen only the opposite; the A2 theories have been debunked by 3 countries in independent studies. Until there is scientific evidence of the benefit of an A2 cow, I will not even humor the fad by testing–even at request. If people come around to the current knowledge that it was started by a random notion and is neither proven nor replicated in studies, my name and conscience will therefore be clear. If it is found to be legitimate, there is still no mud on my face and the only thing I have to regret is that I didn’t charge my buyer 5k for an A2 cow which I likely would refrain from anyhow .
Delivery within reasonable distances possible for a fee to cover time and expenses. Delivery fee base charge is $150 within 50 miles and goes up with distance.
Please feel free to call or text for further info or to discuss terms. 843 814 1101
Available Livestock Terms
- We are located in the town of Dorchester, SC 29437. Please do not message me asking how far we are from your town/state. I’m sure I wouldn’t know. Use Mapquest or similar app and the above address info to determine distance.
- You will be required to sign a contract of sale agreement stating that you understand the terms and conditions of reserving a bovine with non-refundable deposit.
- We do not accept deposits until a party has been out to view the animal being offered. If you wish to buy an animal you haven’t seen in person, you’ll need to look elsewhere. We simply don’t do that.
- There is a deposit required to hold any livestock for any interested parties. That deposit is non-refundable as once you send us a deposit, we no longer consider sale to any other interested party. deposits vary from 1/3 to 1/2 the total price of the animal depending on the type of animal being purchased .
- You may pay your non-refundable deposit via mailed check with the term ‘ non-refundable deposit on ( animal name _____ )’ to be marked in notes section at the bottom of check. Deposit can also be made through invoice at paypal upon request . Please be aware that until deposits are received, the animal in question remains available.
- Once a buyer has secured an animal with deposit which is to remain with us for a time for breeding or weaning purposes, he/she will be notified by text or message that the bovine is ready to be picked up or delivered. From that point, a buyer will have three days to set an appointment for taking possession within two weeks. If appointment is not set within 3 days of notification a registered letter will be sent notifying the buyer that if the animal is not claimed within two weeks of notification, the non-refundable deposit is forfeited and the animal in question is offered to other buyers.
- I strongly suggest that one does not put a deposit down on an animal one is not prepared to take possession of immediately.
- The only reason I refund a deposit is if I , personally, fail to complete the sale under the terms agreed upon in writing. In holding an animal for a buyer with deposit, I continue to feed, invest time and care, remove the animal from availability to other interested parties, furthering my financial and time investments and losing potential sales. Your purchased animal is also kept separately from the herd until pick up for it’s safety and so that the vet has access for health certificate if traveling out of state. These arrangements are an extra burden on us for time, chores and feeding if it goes on past the expected pick up date. A deposit is a COMMITMENT by both parties and I promise you , I will view it as such.
- Buyer is responsible for vet costs for any requested or necessary examinations. Those costs must be paid up front and are non-refundable.
- We maintain intense biosecurity . For that reason, we do not allow anyone in to livestock areas. Viewing and interaction by interested and appropriate parties will be accommodated by ‘ pulling ‘ a specific bovine to a common viewing area. All areas are visible from a fence line.
- We NO LONGER DO SPECIALTY TESTING FOR POTENTIAL BUYERS ( A1/A2) as we have found it to be unnecessarily time consuming, counterproductive as the requesting party is always uncommitted while results pending and holds off possible sales to other interested parties while awaiting results.
- we live in a TB and Brucellosis free state.
- Our contact information is available on the site.
- We DO NOT buy livestock from auctions or sales barns ! We maintain a select , closed herd and only purchase additions from licensed and tightly run and tested , reputable farms.
- You will view your animal of purchase prior to accepting delivery. Due to numerous circumstances which may occur during transport or after delivery with exposure to other environments and/or persons and animals,, Once you accept delivery of your animal I will not be responsible for illnesses or injury occurring as a result of travel or post loading incidences , exposures or infections.