Available Livestock Terms
- Any livestock available at this time will be listed on this page. We do have a ‘ call list ‘ of interested parties who wish to be notified in advance of advertising for any future offerings. Please notify us if you wish to be placed on the list of people to be notified for first option of purchase prior to advertising for a specific animal type.
- When you are notified that a bovine you expressed interest in is available, you will have 24 hours from notification to give us a ‘ yes ‘ and mail a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit.
- We are located in the town of Dorchester, SC 29437. Please do not message me asking how far we are from your town/state. I’m sure I wouldn’t know. Use Mapquest and the above address info to determine distance.
- Please note that the livestock are pictured with their Dam & Sire when possible and that any registrations or additional information pertinent to any cow/calf offered is noted in their description information.
- We do not do our own vetting. All of our vaccines and vetting are done by a licensed farm vet and those records are available to our purchasing clients. Our vet is also happy to speak with you regarding any of our animals you have medical questions about in a potential sale.
- There is a deposit required to hold any livestock for any interested parties. That deposit is non-refundable as once you send us a deposit, we no longer consider sale to any other interested party. deposits vary from 1/3 to 1/2 the total price of the animal depending on the type of animal being purchased . You may pay your non-refundable deposit via mailed check . Please be aware that until deposits are received, the animal in question remains available.
- The stated price does include a health certificate for interstate travel. *Charges for any requested or required vetting for travel or purchase must be paid PRIOR to services being performed.
- We maintain intense biosecurity . For that reason, we do not invite anyone out to view available livestock that we do not believe to be seriously interested and appropriate buyers.
- We are more than happy to oblige any testing a client wants done over and above the necessary and typical testing done at or before the time of sale, such as AI/A2 typing, ,but that would be at the expense of the potential buyer and must be paid in advance. These expenses would not be refundable regardless to the results or the conclusion of business. We test all of our animals for the major concerns and therefore lack any reason to feel it necessary to test further. ( IE…some folks are very concerned with A1 / A2 testing in dairy cows )
- we live in a TB and Brucellosis free state.
- Our contact information is available on the site.
- We DO NOT buy livestock from auctions or sales barns ! EVER ! We maintain a select , closed herd and only purchase additions from licensed and tightly run and tested , reputable farms.
- Once a deal is set and a deposit has been made,we will allow for a reasonable amount of time to pick up your animal. Generally, I will give you up to two weeks if you are out of state, longer if certain circumstances dictate. If you do not have the means to accept delivery within two weeks time of deposit or within the stated weaning date set, please notify me PRIOR to making a deposit so that I can try to work with you.
- Once you accept delivery of your animal I cannot be responsible for illnesses or injury occurring as a result of travel. Your animal will be examined by our vet prior to leaving and you will be provided with a certificate of health when required for travel, so please understand that because of incidences that are out of our control such as ‘ shipping fever’ and/or exposure to other animals, we cannot be held responsible for incidince that occur once they leave us.
percentage mini Hereford bull calf
Born during a rain storm, meet ‘ Hydro ‘.
Hydro is very calm, not at all freaky like many newborn beef calves. He is exceptionally quiet too, allowing me to pick him up and load him with a moderate struggle and no noise.
Very ‘ beefy ‘ but small at 23 ” and 42 lbs, Hydro is 75% mini Hereford, 100% Hereford.
Our bull calves are raised ‘ hands off ‘ except for necessary handling for vetting or assistance.
His dam, Gert, is 50% mini and shown standing next to standard Hereford X Angus, Dali, in 2nd photo.
His sire is Pistol, Small mini Hereford, shown in 3rd photo.
I expect Hydro to be an mid to upper mid mini bull.
His head is beautifully blocky, but not large as evidenced by the photo with my hand. Both his eyes are rimmed with Hereford red.
Hydro is naturally polled. This was confirmed by our farm vet.
Interested parties may call or text : 843 814 1101
Registered 75% Mini Jersey heifer Calf
Registration paperwork submitted to AMJAR
75% Mini Hybrid
She is primarily beef and will not likely be super tiny, but what I call ‘ squatty short ‘ like her dam, Freyja. Ruby Sue is fuzzy, golden red Hereford coloration.
Her dam, Frey, is 50% Highland 50 % Dexter and her sire, Pistol, is full out small mini Hereford. That makes Ruby Sue about 75 % beef, 25% dual purpose. Only truly about 15% stout dairy. She could be used as a milk cow at maturity. I milk Frey a lot. The cream quality is pretty impressive on Frey but would be less on Ruby Sue due to her high beef influence. She would make a fine addition to a mini beef herd.
Be aware that she has her mama’s attitude. Very stubborn and flighty, but Frey has become, with attention and time, a pet with a strong will.
Ruby sue will not likely have a suitable temperament or demeanor for a novice bovine keeper.
Born 2/17/18. She is fully weaned.
* FULL DISCLOSURE: both Her Dam, Freyja and her sister, Izzy’s , first calves had to be pulled. Neither was an easy assist. Frey delivered her second and third calves with no issues or assistance.
Anyone interested in Ruby sue should message , call or text me for more details.
843 814 1101
75% Miniature Hereford Heifer
D.O.B. March 18, 2018
Sire: registered miniature Hereford
Dam: 50% miniature Hereford